Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thankful for Thanksgiving Break!

Thanksgiving Break was a nice break from everything. It was nice to be with family and friends that I have not seen or talked to since the last time I was home.

My break was filled with love, laughs, and so much fun that I could possibly write a book. My dad got the whole week off from work because he had hernia surgery. It was nice to spend the whole week with my dad. Whenever something "heavy" had to be lifted or moved, I helped. As my mom and I always joke, we are strong polish women. One thing my dad needed help with was bringing our Christmas tree up and help put it together.

We decided to put our Christmas tree up because I am the one in your family that does all the lights on the tree. Somehow every year we need to go and buy more lights. This year, we had to go to the store and buy six more boxes. We do not know how that happened. We had the tree up with lights and ornaments the day before Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving was held at our house this year and it was me, my parents and grandparents. It was small but nice. Me, my mom, my aunt, and a family friend decided to go out on Black Friday, but not until after 10 a.m. We had fun just going to a few stores and looking around. Got a little bit of some Christmas shopping done, but still have a ton more to do.

One of the last things I did before break ended was one of my favorite Christmas traditions. I went to my grandparent's house and sent up the train and village. This is the same train that my grandma would set up with her dad. I love setting it up because it is amazing that it still works and is just a fun tradition that my family has.

No comments:

Post a Comment