Sunday, September 27, 2015

What a Weekend!

Wow another eventful weekend! This weekend was homecoming weekend and also something called plow weekend at my friends farm. Plus I went out with some friends to a place called Suter's.

Homecoming weekend was a ton of fun. The parade was cool because there was a tank in it! One of the fraternities on campus rented one and used it as their float. That was something you do not see very often in the little village of Ada. The foot game was exciting. In the beginning of the game, the team looked like their were going to have another close game. Well by the end of the third quarter and all of the fourth quarter, the team pulled ahead. ONU won by 34 and Heidelberg 20. Right after the game, I followed the marching band because they are celebrating 125 years here at ONU. They held a little Band-O-Rama. The music was very good and I always enjoy hearing them play. I ended the night with a bonfire at a friends house and made some s'mores.

Well that was Saturday, now let's talk about Sunday. I went over to my friends farm with his girlfriend and my boyfriend. They were hosting a plow weekend. What that means is farmer friends and family were allowed to come over with their old tractors and work the field. It was very cool to see. The oldest tractor there was a John Deere Model D from 1926.
I even got the chance to drive a tractor. I did not plow with it, but I got to drive it around for a bit. I drove the John Deere Model A from the 1940s. 
Driving it around was very exciting and an experience that will definitely go down in the memory books. After we left the plow day, we went to Suter's. 

Suter's has a pumpkin patch, a hay ride, corn maze, best apple cider, and even more. It is very cozy there and a lot of fun for all ages. We bought a lot of cider, some apples, pumpkin, gorges, did the hay ride and tempted the corn maze. It was getting dark and the employees did not want us to be left in there so they had to come find us and get us out. We are deciding on going back soon so we can finish the maze!

Had a great weekend with a lot of great people which I needed. Hope the week goes by quick and smooth. 

3 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    It sounds like you had a great and fun weekend. I was not able to attend homecoming this weekend, but from everyone I have talked to it sounded like a great time. For once, the weather actually cooperated in Ada to allow for a memorable weekend. The tank in the parade sounds really cool and definitely something Ada doesn't see very often. I'm glad you had the opportunity to go to the football game and listen to the marching band. Personally, I think a bonfire to end the night is a perfect way to enjoy the beautiful fall night in Ada. Overall, I am glad you had a fun and relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    Im so jealous you got to go Stuter's. I have heard great things about it! My sorority is planning a retreat to a pumpkin patch this weekend and reading your post made me very excited. It sounds like you had a great weekend in and away from Ada, which is always nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to go to Suter's this year as I've never gotten to go before. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'm so glad the football team won. That's super exciting. I'm not a big sports person but it's great that ONU won their homecoming game.

    ReplyDelete